Do you have a young child? The team at the Mt. Vernon Center for Dentistry in Alexandria would like to share with you five very good reasons why dental sealants important for their dental health.
- Children without sealants have almost three times more decay than children with sealants.
- Sealants may be covered by your dental insurance. For parents without dental insurance, sealants are worth the cost. Your child will be less prone to cavities and additional dental visits.
- With proper care, sealants can last for many years. They protect your youngster during the years they are most likely to get cavities.
- The application of sealants is painless. Teeth are cleaned, dried, and then the liquid sealant material is applied to teeth. It hardens quickly. Your son or daughter won’t need to skip meals after the service.
- In some situations, sealants can be placed over existing decay to prevent further damage.
Dental sealants from the Mt. Vernon Center for Dentistry in Alexandria help get your child started on a lifetime of good dental health. Our services include family and cosmetic dentistry. Call to schedule an appointment today!