Hello! If you want to floss regularly but are too tired at night, this post is for you. In our Mt. Vernon Center For Dentistry blog, your Alexandria dentist wants to give you a few ideas for unique times to floss and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
1. If you’re an early riser, try flossing in the morning right after you brush.
2. Try just after lunch, but before you go back to work.
3. Before or after you exercise. Your dental health is just as important. Keep some floss in your gym bag and give your teeth and gums some attention along with the rest of your body.
4. During the nightly news or while watching Netflix.
5. While taking a bath. Any task is more enjoyable if it can be done while relaxing in a warm tub. Light some scented candles, play some soothing music and turn off your cell phone for an at-home spa experience for an at-home spa experience.
Flossing is vital for anyone who wants to have a healthy smile. We hope this gives you some ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Just before bedtime, however, is still the best choice. Food particles left on teeth can turn into plaque while you sleep. The bacteria in plaque erodes enamel, creates cavities, and adversely affects gum tissue.
At the Mt. Vernon Center for Dentistry, helping our patients establish good habits is important. So is helping them achieve the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers and clear braces. Schedule an appointment today.