Dental implants have been called one of the most important steps forward in the history of modern dentistry, and we are proud to make them available to our patients at Mt. Vernon Center for Dentistry in Alexandria.
Dental implants as we know them today have been around for decades, but they’re one of those things that most people don’t learn about until they need one. When they do, certain questions crop up pretty consistently.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are dental implant procedures too expensive?
- Are implants unsafe?
- Are they experimental?
- Is the surgery painful?
- Does it take a long time to recover?
The answer to all of these is short and sweet: No.
- Dental implants aren’t cheap. We understand that. But they are an investment in a better quality of life, so you really can’t afford to put them off!. You gain self confidence. You preserve the shape of your face. You prevent your teeth from shifting after an extraction. You avoid embarrassing dentures slipping around in your mouth. The confidence and comfort are priceless!
- Permanent dental implants are a safe dental procedure. In healthy patients who are good candidates for the procedure, teeth implants have a success rate of around 98%. Are you thinking about an implant? We only recommend them for those who are good candidates.
- Implants have become very mainstream. They are far from experimental and the procedure to install them has been refined over decades to become one of the safest dental solutions.
- The pain from dental implant surgery is not significantly different from most dental procedures.
- Most patients recover swiftly from surgery.
- Minimal pain at the implant site
- Minimal bleeding
- Swelling and/or bruising of the gums and cheeks
These effects should subside after a few days. Ibuprofen and ice packs usually take care of the pain. We will have specific instructions for you.
Dental implants from Mt. Vernon Center for Dentistry in Alexandria are just one of our restorative dentistry options. We have placed them in satisfied patients from Mt. Vernon and Alexandria, who also come to us for complete family and cosmetic dentistry. To find out if our practice is right for you, contact us today!