Hearing that you have gum disease can be upsetting. At the Mt. Vernon Center For Dentistry in Alexandria, we are committed to educating and assisting patients in preventing gum disease.
Gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in American adults, so diagnosing and treating it is important.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen, tender gums
- Receding gums
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Loose adult teeth
- Sensitive teeth
Steps for Healing or Preventing Gum Disease
- Brush at least two times a day—morning and night
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss at least once a day
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings
- Use a fluoride rinse before brushing
- Avoid between-meal snacking
- Refrain from tobacco products
Solutions for Correcting Serious Gum Disease
- Root planing
Gum disease has a way of sneaking up on you. Regular check-ups and regular oral hygiene is important for preventing the pain and health issues linked to periodontal disease.
Contact Mt. Vernon Center For Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):